- 2 ears fresh or frozen corn (Note: Grilled corn adds another dimension to this salad; but if your corn is very fresh, you don’t need to cook it. Shave the kernels off the cob and toss them directly into the salad)
- 1 large head red-leaf lettuce, washed, dried well and chopped, or torn, into bite-size pieces
- Flaked sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup freshly crumbled, good-quality feta cheese
For the Honey Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup champagne, or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl until the honey has dissolved. Continue to whisk the mixture while you stream in the oils. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a grill to medium high.
Peel away all but the innermost, light green husk of the corn. Cut or pull away the tassel of corn silk at the tip of the cob. Grill the corn until the husk starts to pull away from the tip of the corn, 8 to 10 minutes. Take the corn off the grill and set it aside to cool.
Remove the remaining husk from the cooled corn and slice the kernels off the cob directly into a large bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup of corn to garnish the top of the salad.
Add the lettuce to the bowl of corn with a drizzle of the vinaigrette. Continue to add vinaigrette, tossing until the greens and corn are lightly coated. Season the lettuce lightly with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss well to combine. Add the peaches, avocado, walnuts and feta, saving a small handful of each to garnish the salad. Transfer the salad to a large platter and sprinkle the reserved corn, peaches, avocado, walnuts and feta on top. Any leftover dressing will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 weeks.
Every men should have mustache comb, believe us.
You can learn how to get cat pee smell out in this article.